New England District
2021 Boys’ Development Camps
Select 16 & 17 (2004 & 2005 birthyears) May 28-30 at New England Sports Village in Attleboro, MA
Select 15 (2006 birthyear) June 18-20 at Conway Arena in Nashua, NH
Cost of camps: $400. This is a non-residential camp (campers are responsible for their own lodging/dining)
- Participants are required to demonstrate either a negative COVID-19 test result from with 72 hours before arrival at camp or evidence of completed vaccination at least 14 days prior to the camp.
- Participants will wear face coverings at all times (including locker rooms AND on the ice)
- Spectator guidance is being finalized but be prepared for the possibility that NO spectators (parents, sibling, scouts, etc) will be permitted and that attendance in the facility may be limited to participants ONLY.
- The camps will follow all relevant local guidelines which may become more relaxed (or more strict) at the time the camp is held.
- Connecticut Residents: CHC will hold try-outs to select & submit player selections to the camp administrator. Information about CHC try-outs is available at http://www.chchockey.org/
- Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Rhode Island residents: Player invitations will be based on player selections from the 2020 camp tryouts for these age groups in each state. It is not necessary for you to contact anyone at this time. ’04, ’05 & ’06 Players who were selected for the 2020 camps will receive invitations in late April/early May.
- At-Large Requests: At-large requests for the 2021 NED Boys’ Player Development Camps may be ONLY submitted by players who reside in ME, NH, VT & RI if they were unable to attend their state tryout for the 2020 camps (due to injury or being out of district) or by players who reside in CT but are not able to attend the 2021 try-outs being held in April. Please note that at-large selections are very limited- there is very little chance that the camp will have enough space for all of the deserving at-large requests. We strongly encourage players in CT to make every possible effort to attend the CHC try-outs.
REGARDING THE CAMPS
The New England District has made the decision to proceed with these camps for the purpose of re-uniting the best players in our district with the best coaches in the Northeast for development opportunities after many have had their experiences greatly curtailed over the past year and for the purpose of selecting the best-suited players to advance to USA Hockey’s National Camps.
We recognize that these dates/locations/logistics are inconvenient for most, difficult for many and impossible for some. Like virtually everything in our lives over the last year, we have had to adjust. We regret that it will not be possible for every deserving player to attend under these circumstances but be assured that, after much research and deliberation, these are the most viable details available to us.
We will continue to be vigilant in our efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and will continue to comply with relevant local guidance. We urge our participants and their families to the same. Camp details will be adjusted, if necessary, to respond to any relaxing/tightening of local restrictions.
Please contact Camp Administrator, Bobby Rodrigue, with any questions at email@example.com.